Ascension Lutheran Church
1415 Dopp Street
Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188
Ascension Lutheran Church is in a planned succession process and will call a pastor who will in the future assume the Lead Pastor position. The pastor called to this position must be willing to work in a team approach with the current Lead Pastor to minister to the congregation. This individual will be a facilitator/mentor who demonstrates a love of people in guiding them to serve the congregation and our community.
Diversity, small group participation, shared ministry, growth, and outreach are characteristics of Ascension which will carry the congregation into the future. The candidate selected will begin as an Associate Pastor and progress in a planned succession process to become a Co-Pastor and ultimately Lead Pastor.
The Associate Pastor will report to the Lead Pastor and will:
• Lead worship and preach.
• Administer the Sacraments.
• Provide special services (marriages and funerals).
• Teach in the congregation’s education program.
• Be a resource to the church council, ministry teams and parish programs.
• Other duties as assigned, including confirmation program, retreats, working with Youth and
Family Minister and the Mission Outreach ministry such as the People to People Mission
Team, SOPHIA and Good Samaritan program.
• Work with the Mission Outreach Wing Team Leader.
• Supervise the Youth and Family Minister.
• Assist Lead Pastor at staff meetings and lead staff meetings in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
• Work together with pastoral assistants and others in performing pastoral calls and pastoral
• With other staff, foster a positive image in the community and wider church.
• Work with Lead Pastor in supporting and promoting the vision of Ascension.
• Assume other duties as required and/or assigned.
The Associate Pastor will:
• Learn, assimilate and respect the culture of Ascension.
• Learn and support the 2020 Vision of the congregation
• Support being mentored by the Lead Pastor.