Spiritual Growth is a journey and includes everything from education to prayer to financial giving.
The major focus is on education:
- We start with infant baptism.
- The next stop is nursery where the young receive love and encouragement.
- They enter our Sunday school program where they begin to study God's word and learn from the many Bible stories.
- As they progress through the years, they receive their own Bible, receive first communion, and confess their faith through confirmation.
- We have a very involved youth program, which encourages the young adults to put their faith into action.
- This includes the True Blue program which involves fellowship and exploring how God's word applies to their everyday life
- Outreach opportunities including the Puppets, Mime and various mission trips.
- As we move into adulthood, the education continues with
- Bible study small groups
- Discover classes
- Special seminars,
- Life application sermons.
In addition to studying God's word, we develop a closer relationship to Jesus through prayer. This includes prayer in church and at home, prayer groups, prayer chains, prayer vigils, and making prayer a part of everything we do.
Another part of growing spiritually is realizing that everything we have comes from God. This allows us to be more generous with our possessions and it frees us to use them for God's work. Our stewardship team encourages everyone to grow in this area of their faith and use their generosity as an expression of their faith. The first step is to assess where you are currently at in your faith journey, and then take the next step, even if it is small.
Opportunities to serve in this area are many. We have volunteers in the nursery on Sunday mornings, Sunday school tracers, helpers and aides, parents of the day, confirmation leaders and adult assistants, chaperones for trips, Kidz praise leaders, leaders and coordinators for adult education, prayer team members, stewardship team members, and many more.
Spiritual growth is a journey which continues until our final destination with Jesus in eternity.